MiX Telematics is actively seeking talented candidates to join their team as Engineering Interns across South Africa. If you possess the essential requirement of a B. Engineering degree (Electronic, Industrial, Computer Science), along with other specified qualifications, this could be an excellent opportunity to start your career journey.
This is a 12-month contract opportunity based in Stellenbosch, where interns will be primarily responsible for the development and script maintenance using a proprietary scripting language. Don’t hesitate to seize this chance and explore more details about this job below.
Location: MiX Telematics – South Africa, Cape Town
- Reverse engineering of vehicle CAN signals and developing CAN scripts to enable on-board computers to interpret signal data and derive valuable information
- Develop scripts to enable on-board computers to interface with off-the-shelf sensors
- Maintain and develop software tools including tools that interface with CAN loggers and automate the reverse engineering process where possible
- Participate in design and quality reviews
- Firmware development training: Learn to develop embedded C code that provides core functionality to the on-board computer
- B. Engineering degree (Electronic, Industrial, Computer science or other relevant)
- Masters’ degree would be a distinct advantage
- A good command of the English and or Afrikaans language
- MATLAB and labVIEW experience advantageous
- Must pay attention to detail
- Have the ability to work well in a team or on your own
- Must have the ability to communicate ideas clearly
- An enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude towards your work
You will be joining a small team of qualified engineers, passionate about problem solving and continual improvement, keen to share knowledge and help you growth.